Joining and Leaving
Anyone can join a Medicare Advantage Plan regardless of their health history, except for End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), to which there are special rules.
In order to join a Medicare Advantage Plan, there are a few requirements that need to be met:
- You must have Part A and Part B
- You must reside in the plan’s service area
- U.S. citizen, resident, or lawfully present in the U.S.
When trying to join or leave a Medicare Advantage Plan, it’s important to know that you can only do that during certain times of the year.
- If you just became eligible for Medicare, you can sign up during your Initial Enrollment Period
- Anyone that has Medicare can join, switch, or drop a Medicare Advantage Plan between October 15th – December 7th. If your request is processed by December 7th then your plan will begin on January 1st.
Do you want to know more about joining or leaving a Medicare Advantage Plan? Our Mentors can guide you!
Copyright © 2017 Medicare Mentor LLC. All rights reserved.